DATED THURSDAY 6th DECEMBER 2015
- Christie Galloway
- Jill Forsyth
- Moved: “That the Minutes of the last meeting be accepted as read.”
o Moved: Kylie Pollard
o Seconded: Rachael McGregor
- John Barwick outlined Dungowan Fair details (15 – 16 October 2016) including proposed activities and some of the feature exhibits and handcrafts that will be on display. John Harlow is assessing the project to qualify for Rotary Insurance. Our main role will be in manning the gates. It was suggested that the admission charge would be a nominal fee of $5 per adult and a concessional rate for children (cut-off age to be decided at a later date).
- It is intended that we promote display and raise funds for a Shelterbox as part of our promotion at the fair. It was suggested that we get emails or promote a website location so that “donors” could see where their Shelterbox was deployed. The objective was to give donors a feeling of involvement and maybe bring our club activities to the fore at the same time.
- John Barwick advised that mobile phone coverage at the fairground site was poor. This is of interest because we (as an eClub) will not be able to use the internet on site as part of our club promotion.
- Tanika Douglas advised that she would source a shirt catalogue for consideration as part of our “uniform” at the fair. Other possibilities include shirts from RDU. It was decided that we should source the information and a decision on this matter could then be made at our next face to face meeting; possibly in late February (2016).
- Ideas are invited for a Club logo that we can get monogrammed onto our shirts.
- Tamworth Rotary Club are running a food store over the Country Music Festival. Details will be finalized in the coming weeks, however it is anticipated that the food store will run 10am until 8pm (2 x 5 hour shifts) over the period 15th to 24th January. We are invited to assist and liaise with the Tamworth Rotary Club to determine suitable shift times. Ken Hall will advise further details as they come to hand and I will distribute the information by email as soon as I get it. Presumably they will give us a contact name and we can ring that contact if we want to put ourselves on the roster.
- Next “Go To Meeting” is scheduled for Thursday, 11h February 2016 at 7:00 pm.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
- Nominations were called for Club Positions for the 2016 – 2017 Financial Year. The outcomes were:
o PRESIDENT: Dorothy Barwick
o PRESIDENT ELECT: Kylie Pollard
o SECRETARY: Tanika Douglas
o EXECUTIVE SECRETARY: Ken Hall
o TREASURER: John Mackay
- The meeting closed around 7:30pm.