THE ROTARY E – CLUB OF DISTRICT 9650 INCORPORATED
MINUTES DATED THURSDAY 25th FEBRUARY 2016
APOLOGIES: Alison Leckie, Ken Hall
- Jill Forsyth
- John Barwick
- Christie Galloway
- Dorothy Barwick
- John Mackay
- Tanika Douglas
- Motion: That the minutes be accepted as read.
- John Mackay advised that two new bills were outstanding ($121.00 for use of Post Box, and $20.00 to Rotary Down Under for subscriptions). At the time of the meeting John Mackay was unsure why we had another bill from RDU when we had just paid the last one. I have since determined that the subscription was for Alison Leckie who joined on 6th January, just after the issuance of the first bill for the January – July period. Cheques have been written, signed and posted for these two bills and also for the $1000.00 (AUD) donation to the Rotary Foundation “Annual Fund – SHARE”
- Dorothy Barwick has had further discussions with the Westpac Bank and has been advised that the “appropriately labelled” cheque books for our club have been re-ordered and I will let you all know when they arrive.
- I was a bit slack and had not prepared a treasurer’s report at the time of the meeting, so I promised to include it in the minutes. The result (as at 01/03/2016) is as follows:
- Administration Account $1,361.63 less unpresented cheques
- Post Office Box $121.00
- RDU subscriptions $20.00
- RECONCILED BALANCE $1,220.63
- Project Account $2,202.90 less unpresented cheque
- Donation to Rotary Found’n $1,000.00
- RECONCILED BALANCE $1,202.90
- Dungowan Fair Account $2,820.00 Cheque from Dungowan Fair Committee deposited in the Dungowan Fair Account.
- Dorothy Barwick advised that the Rotary Theme for next year is “Rotary Serving Humanity”
- Dorothy Barwick advised that trophies are to be presented at the conference in Taree and our club might be in the running for the club with the most new members, Dorothy may be the Rotarian who nominates the most new members.
- Dorothy spoke to Morrie Stack and has arranged for our club to have a table at the conference to promote our club.
- Dorothy Barwick announced that she is getting a sample Club Tee Shirt made up so that club members can see what is being proposed.
- John Mackay has advised that he will contact Bill Warburton to see if he is prepared to act as auditor. My intention was to have MYOB accounting facilities in place before contacting him. I have since discovered that MYOB is no longer a “buy it and own it forever” program – they now make their program available on a “cost per month” basis. This is not acceptable to me as it represents an ongoing cost to the club. I am investigating alternatives.
- The Armidale Tech Fest is on from the 31st of March to the 2nd of April. It is an interesting presentation of up and coming developments in technology for people interested in technology or even for parents who want to ponder the sort of future, pressures, careers, opportunities and threats our children will be exposed to in the future.
- The Rotary Club of Tamworth are holding a fundraising dinner for “the School of St Jude”. This school provides a western style education for 1900 students. The school is located in Arusha, Tanzania, East Africa. The dinner is at The Grand Ballroom at West Diggers Club on Wednesday 30th March. Time 6:30 for 7:00pm. The cost is $50.00 for a two course meal. Wine, water and juice on the tables.
- There is a website for the Dungowan fair. If you want to look it up yourself, then go to the following link : http://www.dungowanvillagefair.com.au/
- Next “Go To Meeting” is scheduled for Thursday, 10h March 2016 at 7:00 pm.